They’re a beautiful and flexible design element.
Just think of where you can use benches:
– At the bottom of a bed
– Under a window in the living room or great room
– In the entry hall or mudroom
– At the dining room table or kitchen table
– In outdoor living space
Benches come in all shapes, sizes, materials and colors; and they’re so easy to move around for multiple uses as the need arises. Use them:
– for extra seating
– as an impromptu coffee table
– for holding guests’ purses and jackets
– to put on your shoes
– for setting down whatever you’re carrying
– to display a stack of books or a collection of seashells
– …even for just putting up your tired feet!
Benches can also include storage underneath – in closed drawers or cabinets or in wicker baskets – for blankets and pillows in the bedroom or for boots, umbrellas and other outdoor weather gear in the entry way.
Always make sure any bench in your house is built to be sturdy. Even if you think the bench isn’t for seating, you know it will happen at some point, and you don’t want it to collapse!
Add flexibility, function and beauty to your décor this summer with a bench or two!
Looking for more design ideas? Our window shutters provide superior sun protection, light control and privacy. Get inspired by checking out Allure’s Window Shutters.