A beautiful bathroom helps you begin and end your days in luxury and comfort.
Most of us think about bathrooms in terms of function, and that’s the first need! But in addition, think of your bathroom as a personal retreat and a room of beauty and comfort.
For a calm, serene look and feel, use neutral colors, such as white or off-white. If you are looking for energy, select bold and bright colors, and consider coordinating an en-suite bathroom color scheme with the bedroom color.
It’s not hard to change a drab bathroom into a luxurious cocoon. Some places to start are:
- An elegant vanity, maybe even a vintage table that’s repurposed
- New countertops, backsplashes, and sinks
- Updated hardware, including faucets, pulls and handles, available in a variety of styles and finishes
- Beautiful framed mirrors, instead of frameless wall-to-wall mirrors
- Layered lighting that’s beautiful AND functional, and maybe even a skylight to bring in natural light
- A paint color that makes you feel pampered
Redoing the shower or tub is a bigger project, but how much fun is it to create a luxurious bathing experience? The shower and tub are good places to splurge on finishes and hardware.
Function is key when updating a bathroom:
- Use slip-resistant flooring
- Select finishes that are easy to clean and resistant to water, especially if you live in a humid environment
- Plan for as much storage as you need, so the bathroom never looks cluttered
- Include plenty of towel racks, so towels are easy to reach and have a chance to dry
- If you have space, include a place to sit, whether it’s a built-in bench or a movable chair or stool
Are you ready to have a luxurious new retreat in your home? Focus on remodeling your bathroom this season!
Looking for more design ideas? Silhouette window shadings magically transform the look of a room by changing the harsh quality of exterior light into soft, radiant beauty. Click to view a small sampling of Allure’s Window Silhouette.