Vintage finds and antiques add depth and personality to your décor.
Have you inherited an antique from a favorite relative or purchased a vintage piece from a local flea market or on a foreign vacation? Not sure how to integrate it into your home design? Don’t despair.
Antiques and vintage items can be added to most any decorating style beautifully – and you’ll be saving a family heirloom or preserving a special memory. The surprise influence of an antique adds depth to a room and helps make the décor more interesting.
Here are some tips about incorporating antiques into your decorating plan:
- Adding just a few antique items will make a room feel layered and personal.
- Adding too many pieces can make your room look chaotic or junky or even like a museum, instead of a home!
- Collections of vintage objects can make a beautiful art display, on walls, shelves, tables or in specially designed cases.
Think about using antique items for a different purpose or putting them in an unexpected place:
- A vintage mirror can be hung in almost any room.
- A vase can be repurposed as a beautiful lamp.
- A large serving dish can be made into a planter.
- A buffet table can be used as a bedroom dresser.
- A couple of dining chairs can be moved into the bedroom to create a reading nook.
- A bedroom bureau can be repurposed as a beautiful entry room anchor piece.
Adding a vintage accessory or antique element to a room will update your décor to make it more intriguing and personal.
Looking for more design ideas? Window Vignettes are a distinct look that offers a unique look and feel in a room. Window Vignettes will dress up almost any window you can imagine. Click to see some examples of Allure’s Window Vignettes.